WE’RE HIRING – Project Executive in Kuala Lumpur
Placement Title: Project Executive
Location: Greater KL/Klang Valley
Start & End Date: 16th Sept 2019 to 25th October 2019
Time Requirement: Ideally Full Time (5 days a week). Minimum 3 days a week (Flexible on whether weekdays or weekends)
Type of role: Contractor
About this Project
Approximately 8 million tons of plastic leak into the ocean every year, with 80% of this from Asia. Malaysia is considered one of the top 8 countries for ocean plastic pollution, with approximately 0.94 million tonnes of plastic mismanaged and leaking into the environment every year.
GA Circular has been commissioned to research plastic and packaging flows in Malaysia (focused on Greater KL/Klang Valley) to provide key insights, pioneering metrics and strategic recommendations to our client and to the packaging and consumer goods industry in Malaysia to move towards a world without waste. This research will equip stakeholders with science-based evidence, tools and frameworks to create large scale solutions.
About The Role
Key responsibilities for this role are researching different stakeholders in the area of Waste Management and the Circular Economy in Malaysia.
This includes the below activities:
– Conducting surveys:
Across a pre-agreed number of households, waste collectors, recycling pickers, material pickers, bulk waste generators, and junk shops.
These surveys will be split evenly across different pre-agreed districts, income levels etc.
Surveys must be completed per schedule and timelines agreed.
– Ensuring that the surveys are of high quality:
Without errors in the data
All data collected must be standardised to consistent units
– Being available for contact throughout the project duration for any clarifications or updates
Further details on the above will provided upon role confirmation including finalising the number of surveys and timeline.
A fee of 20 MYR will be paid for every survey completed that meets the quality standards mentioned above. On average, the Research Surveyor is expected to conduct 60-75 surveys over a 5 week period.
Prerequisites and skill sets needed
– Good communication and interpersonal skills – to approach various stakeholders.
– Good quantitative data-gathering skills to ensure the quality of the data collected through the surveys.
– Capable and comfortable travelling in Greater KL/Klang Valley for surveys during the study period.
– At least an intermediate knowledge of English and Malay – to communicate with the GA team in Singapore. Survey questions will be in Malay, but the responses must be submitted in English.
– A basic background in sustainability and the environment. Note that past experience in waste management is not required – we’ll train the selected candidate on waste management knowledge required for the role.
– Experience in leading surveys is a bonus, but not a requirement.
What’s in it for you
1. Opportunity to work on a pioneering research study to transform waste management policies in Malaysia and be a part of GA Circular – a mindfully growing, Singapore-headquartered social enterprise dedicated to finding business-driven solutions to tackle waste challenges in Southeast Asia.
2. Be part of GA Circular – a mindfully growing, Singapore-headquartered social enterprise dedicated to finding business-driven solutions to tackle waste challenges in Asia.
About GA Circular
Asia is the biggest contributor to post-consumer waste mismanagement in the world. GA Circular is a sustainability consultancy and project implementation partner on a mission to tackle post-consumer waste in Asia. Our vision is to create a world without waste.
We help companies design business strategies, implement pilots to recycle post-consumer waste and create closed-loop supply chains so that nothing goes to waste. Our work enables our clients to become attractive to investors and loved by consumers. We have worked with clients such as P&G in India, Danone in Indonesia, Dole Foods in the Philippines, National Environment Agency in Singapore and Unilever in Vietnam.
To apply, send your resume/CV to email@example.com.