We Are Hiring – Indonesia Program Director
Placement Title: Indonesia Program Director
Location: Indonesia (Jakarta / Bali / Surabaya)
Start & End Date: 15th August 2019
Time Requirement: Full Time, Permanent
About the Role:
GA Circular is working on creating a packaging recovery and collection program in Indonesia. The goal of the program will be to drive collection and recovery of post-consumer packaging to significantly increase recycling rates of common packaging materials in Indonesia.
We are looking for an experienced Program Director with excellent problem solving, analytical, strategic thinking and relationship skills to lead and manage the program as well as subsequent programs in Indonesia focused on solving the packaging waste challenge. Your background must include experience in managing and leading projects for private sector or public sector clients, engaging with senior-level stakeholders and a willingness to get your hands dirty an eye for business sense. You need to be a great communicator, at ease with working with and leading both waste collectors/recyclers, and C-level executives. Prior experience in the waste management and recycling industry is not mandatory, and training will be provided by GA for subject matter knowledge. Fluency in Bahasa Indonesia and English is critical to this role.
The primary focus of the role over the course of first 12 months will be split between two key areas: value chain based and stakeholder based. Value chain based tasks will involve speaking with junk shops, recyclers, and aggregators, amongst other, negotiation with and onboarding them to partner with the program and managing relationships through the partnership. Stakeholder based tasks will include managing the key stakeholders of the program – including packaging and consumer goods companies, government stakeholders, NGOs etc. There will also be a need to manage local research survey teams and research partners.
The role provides an opportunity to meet and build relationships with a wide range of local stakeholders from industry, government and NGOs. Working with GA provides you the opportunity to work in a small, mindfully growing, Singapore-headquartered company dedicated to finding business-driven solutions to tackle waste challenges in Asia. We are dedicated, diverse team of 15 people from 7 nationalities with multi-faceted backgrounds.
○ 5-10+ years of experience in management or environmental consulting or in a research, strategy or data analytics role in business, government agencies or NGOs
○ Able to lead teams to successfully deliver on projects within timelines
○ Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Economics, Environment, Business, Accounting, Finance or Physical Sciences (e.g. Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry)
○ Advanced problem-solving, analytical, data visualisation skills and research capabilities
○ Strong communication and interpersonal skills to work with various clients and stakeholders
○ Capable and comfortable traveling throughout Indonesia to conduct research and meet with stakeholders
○ Fluency in Bahasa Indonesia and English – verbal and written
○ Already based in Indonesia (preferable in Jakarta, Surabaya or Bali)
○ Excellent referrals from at least 2 previous clients or past employers
○ Proficiency in Google Docs, Slides, and Sheets, and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
○ Prior experience in conducting research and leading projects on circular economy, waste management, recycling, or collection ecosystems in Indonesia
○ Prior experience in managing supply chains or working in operational roles of packaging, consumer goods, waste management or recycling companies
How to Apply:
Please send a CV and cover letter to: email@example.com. You are welcome to share any past research or data analysis reports which shows your capabilities in the above requirements
Note for Applicants:
○ We usually receive a number of applicants for our open positions so we’ll only be able to respond to applicants who meet our requirements
○ Applicants who meet our requirements for this role can expect a 3-step interview process
About GA Circular:
Throughout Asia, GA Circular (GA) is working on pioneering, strategic projects to tackle one of the most important environmental challenges of our time – the waste epidemic in Asia and keeping plastics out of our waterways and oceans. GA Circular’s recent efforts include creating first of their kind baseline studies in Asia, driving harmonisation of legislations and standards and creating industry coalitions to exponentially increase recycling in Asian countries. If you are inspired and motivated to tackle complex challenges such as plastic entering the oceans and making packaging circular, then consider joining our team.