WE ARE HIRING – Data Collector in Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Placement Title: Contract Surveyor
Location: Cambodia (Phnom Penh)
Start & End Date: 14th October 2019 to 31st December 2019
Time Requirement: Full Time (5 days a week). Minimum 3 days a week.
About the Role:
GA Circular has been commissioned to research plastic and packaging flows in Cambodia to provide key insights, pioneering metrics and strategic recommendations to our client and to the packaging and consumer goods industry in Cambodia to move towards a Circular Economy. This research will equip stakeholders with science based evidence, tools and frameworks to create large scale solutions.
The objective of this role is to conduct surveys for data collection and stakeholder meetings in Cambodia in order to determine the collection, recovery and recycling of packaging rates in Cambodia.
The objective of the role is to conduct high quality surveys for research into the current status quo of waste in Phnom Penh. This includes
○ Conducting surveys across a pre-agreed number of households, waste collectors, recycling pickers, bulk waste generators, and junk shops (Approximately 50-75 in total). These surveys will be split evenly across different pre-agreed districts, income levels etc.
○ Surveys must be completed per schedule and timelines agreed.
○ Ensuring that the surveys are high quality without errors in the data
○ All data collected must be standardised to consistent units
○ Translating any Khmer notes taken during the surveys to English.
○ Being available for contact throughout the project duration for any clarifications or updates.
On average, the Contract Surveyor is expected to conduct 50 – 75 surveys over a 4 – 8 week period per person.
Further details on the above will be provided upon role confirmation including finalizing the number of surveys and timeline.
○ Good communication and interpersonal skills – to approach various stakeholders.
○ Good quantitative data gathering skills to ensure the quality of the data collected through the surveys.
○ Capable and comfortable travelling in Phnom Penh for surveys.
○ At least an intermediate knowledge of English – to communicate with the GA team in Singapore. Survey questions and responses will be in English, but the Contract Surveyor can ask the question in Khmer.
○ A basic background in sustainability and environment. Note that past experience in waste management is not required – we’ll train the selected candidate on waste management knowledge required for the role.
How to Apply:
Please send a CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. You are welcome to share any past research or data analysis reports which shows your capabilities in the above requirements
Note for Applicants:
○ We usually receive a number of applicants for our open positions so we’ll only be able to respond to applicants who meet our requirements
○ Applicants who meet our requirements for this role can expect a 3-step interview process
About GA Circular:
Asia is the biggest contributor to post-consumer waste mismanagement in the world. GA Circular is a sustainability consultancy and project implementation partner on a mission to tackle post-consumer waste in Asia. Our vision is to create a world without waste.
We help companies design business strategies, implement pilots to recycle post-consumer waste and create closed loop supply chains so that nothing goes to waste. Our work enables our clients to become attractive to investors and loved by consumers. We have worked with clients such as P&G in India, Danone in Indonesia, Dole Foods in the Philippines, National Environment Agency in Singapore and Unilever in Vietnam.